Georgia beekeepers associations, clubs and resources for starting beekeeping in Georgia
In Georgia honeybees typically collect nectar from tulip poplars, blackberries, maples, holly, black locust, dandelions, Dutch clovers, and privet. Of
course, they frequent available is closest, so in some parts of the state, there are also gallberry, blueberries, etc.
Georgia Beekeepers Association
The GBA answers beekeeping questions and information.
GBA Facebook page .
Native Bees of Georgia
Native Bees of Georgia provides information about all sorts of native varieties of bees in Georgia.
UGA Dept of Entomology
THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
DEPARTMENT OF ENTOMOLOGY
UGA Honey Bee Program
The University of Georgia Honey bee program .
UGA Extension: Honey Bees & Beekeeping
The University of Georgia Extension Service. Lots of information for beginning beekeepers!
Local beekeeping clubs
- Bartow Beekeepers Association -
- Cherokee Beekeepers Club -
Meetings held at First Baptist Church Holly Springs 2632 Holly Springs Pkwy, Holly Springs, GA
- Coweta County Beekeepers Association -
Coweta County Extension Office, 255 Pine
Road, Newnan, GA.
- Forsyth County Beekeepers Club -
- Henry County Beekeepers Association -
HBA is bee club, with a
strong beginning beekeepers program.
- Clarks Hill Beekeepers Association -
Appling, GA (Walden Pond, off Hwy 221)
- Coastal Empire Beekeepers Association -
President: Greg Stewart 912-704-3160
Oatland Island Wildlife Center, 711 Sandtown Rd. Savannah, Ga.
- Eastern Piedmont Beekeepers Association -
- Effingham County Beekeepers Association -
Fellowship Bible Church, 841 Old Dixie Hwy
Springfield, Ga 31329
- Forsyth Beekeepers Club -
Sawnee Mountain Preserve, Visitor Center, 4075 Spot
Road, Cumming, GA.
- Gwinnett County Beekeepers Club -
Meets at Hebron Church, 202 Hebron Church Rd,
Dacula, GA 30019.
- Henry County Beekeepers -
Meets at Public Safety Bldg, 116 Zack Hinton Pkwy
South, McDonough, GA
- Heart of Georgia Beekeepers -
Fort Valley, GA
- Lake Hartwell Beekeepers Association -
Meets in Lavonia, GA
- Metro Atlanta Beekeepers Association -
This is the largest beekeeper's club in the state. They
have a very good mentoring program for beginning beekeepers.
Atlanta Beekeepers Association Facebook page.
- Northeast Georgia Mountain Beekeepers Association
- Northwest Georgia Beekeepers Association -
- Oglethorpe County Bee Club -
Creek Beekeepers Club.-
serves Spalding, Pike, Upson, & Lamar Counties, and the surrounding area.
- Sowega Beekeepers Club -
Meets at Chehaw Park, Creekside Educational Ctr,105 Chehaw
Park Road, Albany, GA.
- Tara Beekeepers Association -
(Clayton County area)
- Troup County Beekeepers Association -
To find a local apiary, see these pages